There may be times when you need to cancel an Uber Eats order for various reasons. This step-by-step guide on how to cancel Uber Eats order will help you whether you’ve accidentally placed an order or changed your mind about what you want, we’ve got you covered.
We can now conveniently order our favourite dishes and mouthwatering delicacies and have them delivered to our doorstep, thanks to the convenience of food delivery applications like Uber Eats.
However, there are situations when we might change our minds or unforeseen events might occur that necessitate cancelling an order. Uber Eats cancellation process is straightforward, but if you are unfamiliar with the steps, it can be a bit challenging. We will take you through the steps of cancelling an Uber Eats order in this blog post.
Accidentally made an order, or want to cancel for any unexpected reasons? You can cancel your order without any hassle, so just keep reading till the end.
Can I Cancel an Uber Eats Order?
As long as the restaurant has not started preparing your food, you may cancel an Uber Eats order. Once the restaurant has begun preparing your food, you cannot make any changes or cancel an order that you have placed. If you need to cancel it, you will have to pay a cancellation fee.
To cancel an order, open the Uber Eats app and select the “Orders” option to proceed further. A list of your recent and current orders can be seen here. Choose the recently placed order that you want to cancel and tap the “Cancel Order” button. Then, a confirmation of your cancellation request will be sent to the restaurant.
Your order will be cancelled and you will only be charged if the restaurant has begun preparing it. You won’t be allowed to change your order and will be charged for it if the restaurant has already begun preparing your dish.
It is vital to be aware that if an order is cancelled after it has been made, Uber Eats permits restaurants to impose a cancellation fee. So, if you want to cancel the order, do so as quickly as possible.
Reasons for Canceling an Uber Eats Order
Cancelling an Uber Eats order can be due to several reasons, and some of them are:
- Ordering by mistake: If you have several orders in process, it’s simple to order by mistake on Uber Eats. You might need to cancel the order in some circumstances before it is prepared.
- Unexpected events: On occasion, it may be required to cancel an Uber Eats order due to unavoidable situations. For instance, you might have an emergency leave your home or decide you’re no longer in the mood for the food you ordered.
- Order error: You might need to cancel your original order and place a new one if the restaurant made an error with your order, such as delivering the wrong meal or forgetting to bring an item.
- Change of delivery address: If you have to change the delivery address for any reason, you must cancel the original order and place a new one with the new address.
- Delayed delivery: At times, you might need to cancel the order and place a new one from a different restaurant due to delayed delivery for an extended period of time.
- Budget restrictions: You may occasionally find that you have spent more on an order than you can afford and may need to cancel it in order to prevent going overboard.
An Uber Eats order cancellation can be a quick fix in any of the aforementioned scenarios. To prevent paying any cancellation costs, it is crucial to do so before the restaurant begins to prepare the order.
How to Cancel An Uber Eats Order as a Customer
As a customer, the procedure is rather straightforward if you need to cancel an Uber Eats order. Check out the below steps to cancel the order easily.
- Make sure the Uber Eats app you have on your device is the recent version before you place an order.
App Store – check here
Play Store – check here
- Select the “Orders” tab. Open the Uber Eats mobile app, then select the “Orders” option. A list of your recent and current orders can be seen here.
- Select the order you want to cancel after finding it. You will see the order information, which includes the restaurant name, delivery time, and the items requested.
- Tap the “Cancel Order” option available at the bottom of the screen to begin the cancellation procedure.
- It will be necessary for you to confirm the cancellation. Before confirming, make sure to read the restaurant’s cancellation policy as there can be a fee if the order has already been created.
- A confirmation email or message from Uber Eats saying that the order has been cancelled will be sent to you once you confirm the cancellation.
How To Cancel An Uber Eats Order as a Delivery Driver
You could occasionally get an order as an Uber Eats driver that you are unable to fulfil or that you must cancel for another reason. A step-by-step guide is given below for drivers on how to cancel an Uber Eats order.
- Make sure you have the most recent version of the Uber Eats app installed on your smartphone before opening it.
- Select the “Earnings” tab. Go to the “Earnings” menu after launching the app. All the recent and current deliveries can be found here.
- Locate and choose the delivery that you want to cancel. Here you can find the delivery information, which includes the customer name, delivery address, and order-relevant information.
- You will see a “Help” button at the bottom of the screen. Click on it to reach the support page.
- On the support page, choose “Cancel Delivery” as your reason for getting in touch with customer service.
- You will be asked to give a justification for cancelling the delivery. Give the cause and any other pertinent information.
- After submitting your cancellation request, Uber Eats will send you a confirmation message confirming the cancellation of the delivery.
It is crucial to remember that stopping a delivery could lower your acceptance rate and result in fewer delivery requests in the future. Furthermore, you might have to return the food to the restaurant if you cancel a delivery after picking up the meal. You might not be reimbursed for the cancelled delivery.
Uber Eats Cancellation Policies
Customers and delivery personnel should be aware of the cancellation policy for Uber Eats, a well-known meal delivery service.
There are two different types of cancellations for patrons: those made before and those made after the restaurant has begun cooking the dish. There is typically no fee if a consumer cancels an order before the restaurant has begun preparing the food, and the order will be cancelled without any penalties. The customer will only be charged a cancellation fee if the restaurant has already started preparing the order; this price is normally $5 or more depending on the order quantity.
Check out Uber Business Model if you are curious about how Uber makes money.
A penalty or temporary account termination may apply to a delivery driver who cancels a delivery request. This is because postponing a delivery can be inconvenient for both the client who is anticipating receiving their food and the restaurant that has already prepared it. However, there are certain good justifications for cancelling a delivery request, like safety risks or app technical difficulties. When this occurs, the driver should explain the matter to Uber Eats support as quickly as feasible.
The cancellation policies of Uber Eats should be understood by both customers and drivers as it can avoid unforeseen penalties and inconvenience. If necessary, please be careful to cancel an order or a delivery request as soon as the restaurant has not yet begun to prepare the dish. For any reason you want to cancel after the food has been cooked or if you are a driver who needs to postpone a delivery, be sure to get in touch with the Uber Eats support team and give a good explanation for the cancellation. You can experience a simple and trouble-free cancellation procedure with Uber Eats by adhering to these rules.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why can’t I cancel my Uber Eats order?
If you are unable to cancel the order, it might be due to these reasons: the restaurant has already started preparing your order, your order has been assigned to a delivery driver, or there is a possibility of a technical issue in the app, try logging out and logging in back. If you are still unable to cancel your order, contact Uber Eats customer support to assist you further in cancelling the order.
How can I cancel an Uber Eats order that is taking too long?
If your order is taking too long, you can take the following actions:
1. Tap the “Account” icon after opening the Uber Eats app.
2. From the dropdown menu, choose “Your Orders”.
3. To cancel an order, find and select the “View Order” option.
4. Click on “Cancel Order.”
5. Choose a justification for cancelling the order.
6. Verify that you finally want to cancel the order.
Depending on the situation, Uber Eats may offer you a refund or credit for a future order if you cancel your order because of prolonged wait periods. The estimated delivery time should be checked before making your order because delivery timings might vary depending on a number of variables, including restaurant preparation times and traffic conditions.
How to cancel an Uber Eats order after accepted?
Given below are the steps to cancel an order that has been accepted:
1. Go to the “Orders” section in the Uber Eats app.
2. To cancel an order, find and select “View Order.”
3. Pick a reason for the order cancellation by tapping “Cancel Order” on the screen.
4. Verify that you want to cancel the order if asked.
To ensure that you receive any applicable refunds or credits and to minimize any difficulty for the restaurant and delivery driver, it is crucial you cancel your order as soon as you can.
Will I get my money back if I cancel an Uber Eats order?
You should get your money back if you cancel an Uber Eats order before the restaurant or delivery person accepts it. In certain cases, you might not be eligible for a refund if the restaurant has already begun cooking your food or if a delivery driver has already been assigned to deliver your order.
Can I cancel a doorstep Uber Eats delivery?
Yes, you can refuse an Uber Eats delivery at your doorstep. You can cancel a delivery if you decide against accepting it or if you can’t accept it by getting in touch with the delivery driver or Uber Eats customer care. It is crucial to know that you can incur cancellation fees if you decide to cancel a doorstep delivery after the driver has already arrived. The driver is paid this price as payment for their time and labour. You won’t be charged a price, though, if you decide to cancel the delivery before the restaurant starts preparing your order.